Sunday 29 January 2012

Training Session 3

You know that advert that used to be on TV a few years back?  The one where the athlete talks about Positive Mental Attitude (PMA)? 

Well, I had to apply some serious PMA for my third training session, after the disappointment of training session number 2.

I went to the swimming pool at ten o'clock on Saturday morning, for the public swim session which immediately followed 'Junior Lessons', thinking that all the juniors would then go with their mummies and daddies to Macdonalds or somewhere.

Wrong!  I walked straight back out again, once I saw the queue to actually get into the pool.  That was where the PMA came in.  'Not to worry,' I told myself 'just come back for the last public swim of the day at about 6 o'clock.  All the families should by then be at home eating pizza and watching Doctor Who.'

Wrong!  At six o'clock they were still there in their droves, but - and this is where the PMA comes in - I told myself to stop f***ing around, and just get on with it.

Bingo!  Ten lengths.  Not easy.  Had to circumnavigate lots of little people.  Had to apply breathing techniques to stop the panic rising.  Ten lengths.  Result.

No comments:

Post a Comment